Wednesday 24 October 2007

September 27 2007: Tinners Hound beheaded with hacksaw

The hounds have not cost residents of Redruth a penny, funded by a European programme helping to regenerate public places in urban Cornwall. planners, architects, politicians, engineers, ex-miners, artists and the workforce coming together to regenerate the fabric of public places; reflecting Cornish history and addressing its future.

Something really appealed. Appealed enough in fact to return to Tattie Square with my camera. I love the design, I love the story behind the design, I love the hounds for being the only sparky thing I encountered on that very grey day.
Do these hounds have a point? Do they need to have a purpose? They made me happy, they made me go back to Redruth when I swore I wouldn't....

No comments: